Kaizen Institute - Success Story
Daily KAIZEN™, Flow Management
Incorporated in 1946, Carpigiani, a leading international producer of italian-style ice cream machines. Carpigiani has 11 product families, 300 machine models with over 2,000 different versions. Today, it is a large international company that incorporates 10 commercial branches and 220 distributors.
In 2013, Carpigiani commenced the KAIZEN™ journey with Kintsugi aimed to reconstruct the corporate structure, making it more suitable for the present and future challenges.
Challenges Carpigiani wanted to tackle:
- Review of the production phases according to the flow management concept; and
- The improvement of the integration of the production department, the commercial areas and the logistics.
"The most significant result was the 50% reduction of delivery times. This was not possible due to a specific intervention, but because all company members questioned everything which was previously taken for granted."
Andrea Cocchi - CEO
Carpigiani Group, Italy
- Implementation of the supermarket model to reorganize stocks
- Integration of two strategic suppliers with KANBAN
- Reorganization and unification of production lines under the management of a team leader
- Internalization of the machinery washing phase
- Introduction to Daily KAIZEN™
- Introduction of the Syncro corner, a place where data is aligned to ensure that orders are processed as quickly as possible
- Foundation of the Carpigiani Factory School to train employees internally
- 50% time reduction between the date of the order to the delivery of the product
- Reduction of stocks
- Reduction of accumulation
- Reduction of order processing time