KAIZEN™ Congress India 2019 Creates a Benchmark to Learn about Operational Excellence
Pune on 19th – 21st Feb 2019 witnessed an elite gathering of 280+ pioneers, practitioners and leaders in the realm of operational excellence at the KAIZEN™ Congress India 2019 at the Suzlon One Earth Campus hosted by Kaizen Institute India.
Kaizen Institute India operating in India for 19 years and having catered to over 200 companies in their journey of operational excellence through the KAIZEN™ Business System and KAIZEN™ Change Model took to celebrate excellence by marking a decade of their annual event the KAIZEN™ Congress India.
The theme for the 10th Annual of the congress was “Celebrating Excellence” across industries as operational excellence, Lean or KAIZEN™ not only limited to the manufacturing as so perceived. The congress topics covered HR processes for excellence, Lean Factory Design, World Class Office’s – The KAIZEN™ Way and many more to keep the attendees captivated to every session in the span of 3 days.
The congress witnessed operational excellence leaders like Mr. Shekar Ramamurthy - Managing Director at United Breweries, Mr. Suresh Mahadev – Director Process Excellence at Flipkart India and Mr. Vivek Patwardhan – Ex Global HR Head at Asian Paints who delivered mesmerising and informative Keynote Sessions during the congress.
This year the attendees also had the opportunity to learn about personal excellence from an international motivational speaker Guruji Gaur Gopal Das, Resident Monk of ISKCON who connected KAIZEN™ to life during his keynote session. He was honoured with the first ever IMAI Award for being a “Leader in Promoting Personal Excellence”.
KAIZEN™ Congress India 2019 along with charismatic sessions brought in the aspect of sharing live case study implementations in organisations who partner with Kaizen Institute India through their operational excellence journey at the KAIZEN™ Experience Sharing Sessions. They had speakers from:
• Fourrts India
- Aurobindo Pharma
- Hytech Group of Companies
- Datwyler Pharma
- Paragon Polymers
- Sud-Chemie India
The KAIZEN™ National Case Study Competition 2019 saw 36 companies who qualified and participated to be crowned be the champion of operational excellence at this year’s congress. Through stringent qualification and evaluations by our panel of Judges below are the results:
- Winner: Mahindra Accelo (MSSCL Kanhe)
- Runner Up: V-Guard Industries (Kashipur)
- 2nd Runner Up’s: Bharat Forge (TIR Scrap Reduction) & Godrej & Boyce (Locking Solutions)
Apart from the activities above, the congress had other unique sessions too over the span of 3 days to impart knowledge and insights like:
- Knowledge Sessions on “Total Flow Management, KAIZEN™ in Pharmaceuticals, Culture Building for Operational Excellence and Lean Factory Design”
- KAIZEN™ Trainings on “Lean Basics, Leadership in Operational Excellence and World Class Offices – The KAIZEN™ Way”
- KAIZEN™ Benchmark Tours at “Mahindra Accelo, SKF, John Deere, L&G Spaces (KI Office), ARaymond, Sandvik, Godrej Appliances and Oetiker”
- Panel Discussion on topics like
- Why Is Manufacturing Not Generating Adequate Employment in India? Is Automation and OPEX To Blame?
- Does Factory Design & Layout Features Hinder Efficiency of Day to Day Operations? What Are the Ways to Address Them?
- HR Practises for Excellence
To conclude, the congress truly had a powered agenda and set a benchmark to learning about operational excellence in India as well as globally.
Moving forward, the next KAIZEN™ Congress India, taking place in February 2020, will set new standards pertaining to operational excellence. For more information on the upcoming congress in February 2020 subscribe to us or Visit: www.in.kaizen.com